The University of Papua New Guinea (UPNG), informs prospective applicants that the Online Application System for receiving applications for Undergraduate, and Post Graduate programs to be offered by the University in the academic year 2021 is now open and will close on the 30th of September 2020
1. The University will consider applications from the following categories of candidates:-
General Criteria for Non-School Leavers
- ) Candidates who have completed diploma or degree programs from recognized institutions within the country or overseas;
- ) Candidates who have met the National Matriculation Requirements from recognized National and Secondary High Schools or that equivalent level prior to 2020;
- ) Professional candidates applying to specific programs that are on offer under professional study programs and related to their current job experience and description;
- ) Candidates who have attained a diploma from a recognised college or university under an affiliated program with UPNG;
- ) International and South Pacific Islanders may apply using this form. Admissions to UPNG will depend on the fixed quota that is reserved for such category; and
- ) Candidates who have withdrawn or excluded from studies for academic and disciplinary reasons and are eligible to re-enrol in Semester 1/2021.
General Criteria for School Leavers
- ) PNG citizens completing Year 12 in overseas countries such as Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific countries are encouraged to apply. If in doubt regarding this arrangement, please seek assistance from the Selection Unit of the Department of Higher Education, Research, Science, and Technology (DHERST);
Students currently undertaking Grade 12 studies at National and Secondary High Schools in PNG will apply through the DHERST Online application. Please see specific eligibility criteria for each program, which are available with the details of each programme.
Limitation of Admission
Because of limited places and resources, the University can only admit a limited number of new students into various programs of study. As a result, competition is very high and priority is given to those with higher GPAs. Those seeking enrolment must satisfy the admission requirements of the University.
2. Application for Enrollment Instructions
Applicants are hereby requested to take note of the following instructions
- ) Pay a (K20.00 for Undergraduate & Honours) and (K50.00 for Masters and PhD programmes of all schools except for School of Business and Public Policy) non-refundable application processing fee, to UPNG General Account No: 1000583572 BSP, (WAIGANI) before applying online. Make sure to indicate your name and correct date of deposit on the deposit slip when paying.
- ) Applicants to School of Business and Public Policy (SBPP) Post Graduate programs must refer to SBPP Post Graduate advertisement on UPNG website for application processing fee and eligibility criteria. Call Lisa on 3267 299 for more information.
- ) Before choosing your program of choice, read through our admission and eligibility requirements and criteria to all our programs.
- ) Follow the steps as indicated on the online form, fill in the blanks and submit your application online. No attachment is required in the Online Application.
- ) After submitting your application online, scan your documents into a single compressed PDF file and send: to the school of your choice email address indicated below. For example, if you have applied Online for Science Foundation Year, email your documents to School of Natural & Physical Sciences email. Indicate and label the file appropriately under your name and the specific program applied to before sending/emailing.
- ) Successful candidates will be notified through email and by post by Mid-December 2020, together with the successful School Leavers of 2020.
- ) If your name is not on the Final List, it means that your application for admission in 2021 is unsuccessful.
- ) All information regarding 2021 Fees, Registration & Orientation will be included in the acceptance letter.
- ) Manual Applications without any record of online submission will not be considered.
The Acting Registrar
Ms. Eshwin Enoch