UPNG is taking steps to reduce queues and fast track student ID card processing during registration. Students are required to email a passport-sized photograph (or a selfie) prior to registration. The photograph can be a scanned image, or be taken by a mobile phone or digital camera.
Guidelines for Taking Photographs
- Use a camera with the best resolution possible (12 Megapixels or greater);
- Select a well-lit area, with a plain (or preferably light blue) background;
- Photographs should be clear, sharp, and in colour;
- Dress neatly, no hat, and no sunglasses; and
- Crop the photograph to portrait size (head and shoulders), approximately 5cm x 3.5cm.
Submitting your Details and Photographs
- New students must submit their photographs prior to arriving on campus; and
- Continuing students must also submit a new photograph. Otherwise, the previous year's photograph will be used.
Dr. Peter Petsul