This notice serves to inform all graduands for the 68th Graduation Ceremony concerning the proper attire, specified by the STRICT University General By-Laws that govern the ceremony. All graduands must pay their K260 Graduation Fee by Tuesday 18 April 2023 to be eligible to graduate. The list of eligible graduands, by School and ID numbers can be confirmed with the Executive Officer in your respective School.
The University of Papua New Guinea’s Public Relations and Event Management Office is responsible for all graduation attire, including the provision of measurements of garments.
- Two pieces of garments to be worn by Bachelor Degree awardees - normal specific Gown and Hood;
- Two pieces for Honours Degree awardees - normal specific Gown, and Deep Hood sewn with specific Ribbon measurement;
- Two pieces for Postgraduate Degree awardees - special Gown sewn with specific Ribbon measurement, same with Deep Hood; and
- Three pieces for Masters Degree awardees - special Gown sewn with specific Ribbon measurement, same with Deep Hood and a Mortar Board.
The Gown will be strictly by University Approved By-Laws - ORIGINAL Colour in Adonis blue of quality fabric, as well as the hood. However, ribbons will be sewn at the edges of the hoods with specific measurements to distinguish between the different Schools and programs. Each School has its own distinct colour for the hoods (ribbon):
- School of Business and Public Policy - 3 different ribbon colours for different programs.
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences - 1 ribbon colour for all.
- School of Natural & Physical Sciences - 1 ribbon colour for all.
- School of Law - White 1 ribbon colour for all.
- School of Medicine and Health Sciences – 7 different ribbon colours for different programs.
Graduands who will be awarded Diplomas will wear Gowns only.
If you are not sure of your graduation status, you must immediately contact the Executive Officer in your respective School.
- Rehearsals will be held in the Drill Hall at UPNG on Wednesday and Thursday, 19-20 April 2023 starting at 9.00 a.m. All graduands should attend their respective School rehearsals.
The 68th Graduation Ceremony will be held over five days. Each day’s graduation will commence at 9:30 a.m.
The order of School Graduation will be as follows:
- Monday 24 April : School of Business and Public Policy
- Tuesday 25 April : School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Wednesday 26 April : School of Natural and Physical Sciences
- Thursday 27 April : School of Law
- Friday 28 April : School of Medicine & Health Sciences
As a prerequisite to graduate, all fees, fines, and charges must be paid prior to the date of the graduation ceremony, including the payment of the Graduation Fee of K260, to UPNG General Fund Account (Graduation Fee and your full name), No.: 1000583572, BSP, Waigani Branch, by Tuesday 18 April 2023.
- Graduating students are responsible for their own travel and accommodation for the graduation ceremony.
- Anyone who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Anyone who is not wearing the correct approved attire will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Purchase of graduation attire will be strictly from the University Public Relations & Event Management Office.
Payments should be made to UPNG Trust Fund Account (Gown Purchase and full name); No.: 1005374648, BSP, Waigani Branch. No later than Thursday 20 April 2023, provide Original Bank Stamped Receipts showing payment to PREM with your full name for measurement and pick up of your graduation attire.
For more information regarding graduation, please contact:
Mr. Roboam Kakap