We are the facilitators of Open and Distance Learning at The University of Papua New Guinea. The Open College is the Distance Learning arm of the University of Papua New Guinea.
It’s core function is to provide administrative support to the University’s Schools in the offering of external Diploma and Degree Programs in Papua New Guinea. Specializing in learning delivery through distance education, the Open College offers the following programs:
CERTIFICATE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
- Certificate in Tertiary & Community Studies (CTCS);
- Certificate 3 Programs;
- Certificate 4 Program in Science Studies, Social Science Studies, Business Management Studies, Tourism and Hospitality Management Studies, and Information and Communication Technology;
- Diploma in Accounting; and
- Diploma in Business Management
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Bachelor of Accounting;
- Bachelor of Business & Management (Professional Studies in Public Policy Management);
- Bachelor of Arts (Professional Studies in Education);
- Bachelor of Arts (first year only); and
- Bachelor of Science (first year only)
Open College also offers short courses in Literacy, Numeracy, Business Studies, Sciences, Technical and Vocational Education (TVET), and Agriculture through a blend of face-to-face and online learning. Its vibrant academic staff and Instructional Designers conduct community and industry research for skill-gaps building. It continuously carries out annual student evaluations on the learning course materials and is fully committed to upholding the best interest of all its students and stakeholders throughout the country.