The School of Business and Public Policy invites application for transfer from External to Internal programme from current students of Bachelor of Business and Management (BBM), who enrolled in the year 2013 and earlier, subject to conditions mentioned under Item (A) to (E). Those who enrolled into Diploma in Business and Management (DIBM) through external mode of UPNG, in the year 2014 or later are NOT eligible for “external to internal transfer”, as DIBM is a terminal programme. Please see a separate notification.
- Minimum requirement for External to internal transfer:
Any current student of Bachelor of Business & Management, who enrolled into the programme in the year 2013 and EARLIER under external mode, are eligible to apply. Further, the applicant should have successfully completed a minimum of sixteen courses of Bachelor of Business & Management under the same degree label with grades of “PASS” and above. In addition the applicant should have an overall Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5 and above.
- Application procedure:
Those who are willing to apply for external to internal transfer, are advised to open the link by clicking “Apply Now Click for online application”, and apply on or before, Friday, 10th December, 2021. Please take note of the following:
- You are required to have an active Gmail ID, before you fill the form. If you do not have one, please create a Gmail ID and then proceed;
- You are required to fill all the relevant spaces correctly, which are available in the google form;
- If you have any difficulty, you are encouraged to visit the School Office.
No late application will be entertained. Also, incomplete application will be rejected. Further, please take a copy of your latest transcript and make sure all the information are current and accurate. If your transcript does not reflect the true information, you are required to report to appropriate University Authorities.
- Selection procedure:
Students are informed that fulfillment of eligibility criteria does not guarantee any space, as selection is purely based on:
- Successful completion of minimum of sixteen courses with “PASS” grade and above. The information available on the transcript on 20th December, 2021 will be used. If you have any issue in your transcript, please address it immediately;
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5;
- Choices of divisions of applicants, and
- Spaces available either in Business Management Division or in Human Resource Management Division or in Public Policy Management Division or in Strategic Management Division or in Tourism and Hospitality Management Division of the School. In order to calculate CGPA, first passing grade (“PASS” and above) of courses studied will be considered. The School will not consider second passing grade, which is obtained from upgrading of the same course / subject. Priority will be given for those who have completed more than sixteen courses, in order for them to move further.
- Courses to be completed:
It is advisable to complete courses of first year and second year of internal programme for smooth transition during 2021. However, the students are advised to consult with Divisional Heads of above disciplines (Business Management Division, Human Resource Management Division, Public Policy Management Division, Strategic Management Division and Tourism and Hospitality Management Division of the School). For the convenience of students, a complete list of courses which are externalized can be obtained from Open College of UPNG.
Further, once admitted into any discipline of the internal mode, every student is required to complete prescribed courses of the particular discipline in order to graduate with Bachelor of Business and Management. Selected candidates are advised to consult with respective Head of Divisions to find courses to be completed to graduate.
- Availability of the option:
The facility of “External to Internal transfer” is available only for students of Bachelor of Business & Management, who enrolled in the year 2013 or earlier, as a temporary measure. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OPTION WILL BE TERMINATED FROM THE YEAR 2022. Those who have enrolled into Diploma in Business and Management in the year 2014 or later are not eligible for “External to Internal” transfer. The School reserves the right to change any criteria / condition with or without notice.
Professor Lekshmi N. Pillai
Executive Dean, School of Business and Public Policy.